Sunday, 23 June 2013

In pursuit of caffeine

Takk - Icelandic Coffee-house

This is a coffee house on Tariff Street, Northern Quarter (yet again) Manchester.
I thought I'd just drop a few lines to y'all as it was a most pleasurable experience.
The coffee was very good, I had a flat white (my usual point of judgement), it was £2.40, so the going rate amongst the more pricey (but standardly so) places. They just brought it over to you in a little mug, no saucer, no spoon, proper chilled. The interior was minimilistic but worked. A cool yet relaxed feeling. Kicking back to its Nordic roots, the artwork is provided by an iceland-based artist. It's a bigger space than Northern Tea Power, a favourtie retreat of mine, and therefore more peaceful in some ways - NTP can get quite crowded when full. To continue with the minimalistic theme, there wasn't much in terms of cake, sandwitches etc. More is offered at NTP and better still if you're after an afternoon cake related treat Home Sweet Home. Although I do enjoy the homemade granola at NTP - very much fits with my idea of a good wholesome breakfast! I will return to Takk for the purpose of a good coffee and a nice environment to read. I love this kind of independent coffee house - the ideal place to have a think.


An average photo sneekily taken from my seat - didn't want to be a mad tourist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment