 |
| GIMME COFEE |
So I've been back to Home Sweet Home many a time. It's by far my favourite cafe in NQ (Northern Quarter). (Here is my post on lunch
here) Its cosy and warm, a good atmosphere, the coffee is great (an unusual taste - I must ask what bean they use as the menu doesn't say!) and the breakfast menu is FAB. It has a great selections of 'bennies' (eggs benedict) and it's just a bit different. Usually its a number of egg themed dishes and a full english. But here they have some great flavour combinations that you wouldn't necessarily associate with breakfast. This is great for me because I take breakfast most seriously!!
 |
| Flat White, & an Americano |
I pretty much invariably have the 'Sun devil scrambler' which is a massive mound of breakfast potatoes, onions, salsa, scrambled egg, peppers, bacon, peppers, chorizo, jack cheese and chipotle sour cream. SO GOOD and SO FILLING. Seriously - I never need lunch after this bad boy! Really tasty and makes a nice change to the full English. This also looks good here but I've never had it. My friend (who's opinion I trust) says its good!
 |
| Cake selection of the day! |
Everytime I go in I eye up the ridiculously decorated cakes (in a good way), but after my breakfast heap of food - I can't possibly think of consuming another thing!
I tend to choose the savory options, but I must say the waffles with scrambled eggs, bacon and bluberries was the best of both worlds! The waffles are a lighter option than the sun devil scrambler, but they're fab. I particularly enjoyed the IL of maple syrup provided! The eggs are always good at Home Sweet Home.
 |
| 1L = MEGA |
I highly recommend the 'Eggs Cali' - one of the 'bennies'. A very rich dish as it combines smoked salmon (which I LOVE), hollandaise sauce, chipotle soured cream and poached eggs. You have to be in that rich mood but its a great breakfast. Don't be put off if you're not too keen on Hollondaise sauce (like me) - it all worked well together. A worthwhile treat.
 |
| Wicked Waffles |
I must say: THE BACON HERE IS GREAT.
I mentioned the milkshake in my last
post on Home Sweet Home - let me say again, the Mudshake is where its at!!
http://www.cheeseburgertoastie.co.uk/
 |
| Oreo Milkshake |
 |
| Nutella & Marshmallow Milkshake |
 |
| Mudshake - winner! |
 |
| The Full-English |
 |
| Big portion of black pudding! |
No comments:
Post a Comment